Tuesday, January 10, 2012

10 Months Old! (plus updates!)

Whoa! 10 Months!

All we have to say to that is, Hooray for Baby!


Good Morning, Mister 10 Months!


Today we will be headed to the Big City to the South to make our appointment with the Urological Folks. "Urological Folks?!?" you may ask (with much warranted incredulity). Asking this means either a) you are wondering what bladders have to do with seizures, or b) you don't even know about the seizure stuff. In short (very short), The Changeling had a seizure on the morning of New Years Eve & took a little ride w/Moma & the EMTs to the ER. Neurological testing was ordered. 


BUT. There was this little issue of bacteria... 


Labs came back a few days later & apparently a bacterial population to dwarf all of China was partying down in our Changeling's urinary system. (This explains a great many things actually.) Our pediatrician said he thinks the seizure was febrile (we say "Whew!" to that if it is accurate) & he ordered testing for the UTI. He said, "You can still go see the neurologists... if you want..." but he said the urological testing was a must.

Irony of ironies: Rowan had the same set of tests after a UTI at about the same age. Makes you think, doesn't it?


Anyway, off we go. Too bad for Baby, he is going miss his favourite chew toy for a day... our headboard.


Mmmm... IKEA.


P.S. I bet you thought I forgot about sharing Some People's bedroom linens. Nope. It's just that Some People got an eye-twitch over the drapes & the duvet. Then Some People decided the drapes were better in the dining/living rooms so they traded the old creme tab-tops  from the dining/living rooms to the bedroom. The result? BORING. The dining room? FABULOUS! So, while Some People are visiting the Big City to the South, they will revisit the Pottery Barn castaway store & see what just might improve the situation. 

2 comments:

  1. Cute...OK I think I am caught up commenting... Where do I go to sign up for notices of your replies so I don't have to sift through all of these messages again???? I thought I had signed up but never get anything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...caught up again...
    Liz

    ReplyDelete