Some People's Kitchen BEFORE
(a prodigious collection of photos taken beginning in the West, moving counterclockwise)
| West wall with built-in cabinetry & sexy linoleum. |
South wall with built-in, plus areas where beadboard has been removed, exposing built-in shelving in dining room. |
| Southeast corner w/doorway to dining room. Note the fabulous plasterwork & very safe-looking wiring. |
| Northwest corner. Lovely, lovely carpet. So clean too! |
| Let's take a closer look at the awesome storage in this corner. |
| Mouse portal. I mean, ceiling lath &... oops, no plaster. |
| Northeast corner. Loving the patchwork carpets. Feels like Raggedy Ann & Andy's house! Cute! |
| Northeast corner ceiling. So glad they scotch taped that wallpaper back up. |
| Expertly mounted track lighting. That's the key to making this kitchen so bright & airy. |
| This is how Some People feel about this project. (note more expertly placed electrical in the foreground) |
We who are also about to start kitchen renovations salute you!
ReplyDeleteWell right back atcha! Hope yours is a little more, um... straightforward. ;)
DeleteThat northwest corner made me sad. Appropriate to call the directions and photograph widdershins as you start dismantling. Sending you love from the Northeast!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad someone caught that. Clever you. ;)
DeleteAs for the corner, Chris says it makes him sad too. It makes me dizzy... because I am glaring up at it all the time.
Much love to you too, Dr. G. ;)
Oh my...I think we could have gone without the reference to mouse droppings over the stove!!! Yuk...Bad enough when they fill the pantry shelves!!! Looking forward to new uplifting views!!!
ReplyDeleteMom/Liz/Grandma
Lucky for us, the mice have never been in our cabinets! ;)
DeleteOf course, it is now March and your kitchen is looking like it is going to be in a magazine soon! So I looked back at some pictures! :) I am actually missing the old kitchen! I really loved it too, minus the fancy wiring and droppings! (sigh)
ReplyDelete