Well it has been echoing in my mind for days.
It was so snowy & we were all suffering from cabin fever... so much so that we broke down & went to the mall. (*gasp*) & this is how our day went down:
Rowan got his first taste of bowling on Veteran's Day, baby too (sort of). It was a first for me as well: the first time I have ever bowled without using the squat-&-roll-technique. Bending over & hurling a ball with both hands through my legs might have been ok when I was younger (& svelte... & under the illusion that I could do it & look 'cute') but childbirth has rid me of any desire to squat in public.
But lest I prattle on about it, let's get to the pictures.
| Yeah, I don't like the shoes so much either. |
Stop, Drop & Roll.
| Patience... grasshopper. |
As luck would have it, we were also able to capture Rowan's first spare on video:
Ball One.
Ball Two, to capture the spare.
And for those of you who keep score:
Afterwards, we had lunch, then hit the arcade -- the kind where you have to buy 25¢tokens. Then, the kids put in copious amounts of effort & cash into earning tickets in order to exchange them for cheap stuff they could just go buy in another part of the mall for less than half the price of all those tokens (+ tickets + effort). Somehow, that crazy backwards exchange rate is just convoluted enough to be appealing to most people. Hmm... it sort of reminds me of some other crazy economics... yes, well, let us not digress. ;)
We had a delightful snow day & Rowan, triumphant, went home with his first taste of bowling & a $10 Hot Wheels car.
WOW! Way to go Rowan...your score was almost as good as Moma's...
ReplyDelete