Sunday, December 11, 2011

9 Months Old!

Well, we have arrived unscathed, via airmail to Utah. I'll tell you, I was was totally prepared to post baby's 9 month birthday announcement yesterday, except... I took the photos in the evening & if you haven't been here, our house is chock-full of fuzzy-wuzzy, cozy-feeling, mood-lighting. I forgot about that. So, the end result of my photo shoot was images of hazy baby streaking across the room or flash-induced baby-blindness. Thus, I decided to wait until daylight.

This morning, the Changeling decided to weigh in on the new paintings gifted to us by the plein air artists we sponsored in our home during this year's Escalante Canyons Art Festival. Here, he's giving us his 9 Month poker face (read: hiding the solitary incoming upper tooth that makes him look like he should be given a banjo & renamed "JimBob").


Of course, Moma likes the more chaotic, less perfect but mood-filled action shots:

 Reflecting on sunlight one moment, ready to eat the camera the next. 
(Note how well he hides his JimBob tooth in shadows.)

Oh yes, as I mentioned earlier, he has this special relationship with the cats. The dynamic is shifting. He is working on trying to snack on Fat Pants whenever possible & he has gone from patting Miss Pearle to head-butting her. Nonstop. She moves away, he charges forward to butt her again. She moves a few steps. He butts her again. They do this all over the living room. (I have video proof.) It is seriously making me wonder about Miss Pearle's sense of humour.

Head-butt, in the butt. Hey! Let's do that again! (again, again, again!)

Our best wishes to everyone! May your early holiday season be bright & filled with much amusement & love.

No comments:

Post a Comment