Monday, January 16, 2012

Some People's Draperies (for Grandma Liz)

Some People's grandma's wanted to see the much discussed but never revealed formerly-known-as-bedroom-drapes, in situ. They now reside in the living & dining rooms which (if you have not visited our high desert, work-in-progress abode) are conjoined. This necessitates a certain amount of consistency between the two. Hence, one drape in each room. 

Anyway, I took two shots. Of course, this may or may not be the permanent arrangement -- certainly the saggy tension rods are not part of the long term plan, nor is the unfinished window sill, etc. As for Some People's bedrooms, we did not find the answer to our dreams in the City to the South, so the blah creme tab-tops remain for now.










4 comments:

  1. I am so not a fan of floral, and big floral at that, so trying to think period as in Art Deco...I do think they look OK in that setting with the rug...They totally clashed with the bedding for the other room...Sorry the plain drapes are not wroking in there...but it can't be something with a big design...On the positive side Retro is in, ...although I guess not that retro! Check out JCP...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Art Nouveau. ;)

    Where did you see the bedding for the bedroom? We haven't posted it yet (unless I am insane & don't remember). All the linens are from Pottery Barn & share similar colours, it is just that there was more blue in the drapes than worked with the bedspread. That & the large flora was a bit out of proportion with the very busy pattern on the bedspread... Did we email a photo of that or something? Maybe I am going crazy.

    As far as "retro" goes, we are trying to be somewhat true to the period of the house. The bedspread was from the Pottery Barn bungalow collection. Apropos since the house is indeed, a bungalow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm the simple answer is Las Vegas...You showed me both bedding and drapes in the trunk of the car...the thing about working with patterns is you do NOT want 2 large florals...mix with solids, stripes, plaids, or smaller florals...the reason is the one loud one demands attention and if there are 2 the brain gets confused...I find it hard to mix and match patterns...coordinating colors are of course essential...check out the links I put to Facebook last night... a couple of pages for competitions this week...figured why not link to Facebook..easy to do...The one of Brecken and Foster employs a number of patterns, in coordinating colors...not my comfort zone for sure...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, Vegas... we can always blame it on Vegas. I'll check out your links once Facecrack starts working properly again.

      Delete